10 Healthy Back Tips
1. Exercise regularly. This does not have to be anything overly-strenuous. Don't overdo it! Something as simple as a daily walk can make a huge difference to your overall health and well-being.
2. Eat a healthy diet. Proper nutrients allow the body to repair itself more easily.
3. Maintain good posture. Are you sitting up straight as you read this? Help your back. Ask how you can improve.
4. Stretch your spine before and after sports. This helps loosen up the surrounding muscles and can prevent stress and injury.
5. Travel light! Don't overload your backpack or purse. Remember to carry it over both shoulders to balance the load whenever possible.
6. Stretch your legs and back after each hour of sitting. Take a rest break. Whether in a car or at a desk, stretching regularly will help to keep you from tightening up or injuring yourself further.
7. Never cradle the phone between your neck and shoulder.
8. Sleep on your back or side, not on your stomach. This helps to keep your spine in line and reduces the risk of hurting your neck while you sleep.
9.Invest in the best good chair, pillow and mattress you can afford. When you think about the amount of time you use them each day, it's well worth it.
10.Drink water. First thing in the morning is especially important because you're dehydrated after many hours of sleep.
10 healthy back tips provided by Dr. Michael Cohen Chiropractor from Cohen Chiropractic